Hurricanes, Dzingel agree on 2-year, $6.75M contract
- Flyers F Lindblom diagnosed with cancer
- MacKinnon hits 50 points, Avs top Devils
- Vegas tops Stars on Pacioretty's OT goal
- Flames beat Leafs, now 7-0 under Ward
- Retired G Thomas details brain damage
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) The Carolina Hurricanes and free agent center Ryan Dzingel have agreed on a two-year, $6.75 million contract.
The deal announced Friday by general manager Don Waddell will pay Dzingel $3.25 million this season and $3.5 million in 2020-21.
The 27-year-old split last season between Ottawa and Columbus, and had career highs with 26 goals, 30 assists and 56 points.
Waddell says Dzingel "can be an impact player offensively" and is "an excellent fit for our forward group."
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 12, 2019