Nats claim Pérez after waived by Indians, outright McGowin
- MLB labor talks resume, progress little
- Death of Rays bullpen C ruled suicide
- A's name ex-manager Ausmus bench coach
- Rockies plan exhibitions despite lockout
- Atlantic League ends robo ump experiment
WASHINGTON (AP) Left-hander Francisco Perez was claimed by the Washington Nationals, who also sent right-hander Kyle McGowin outright to Triple-A Rochester on Friday.
Perez had been waived by the Cleveland Indians.
The 24-year-old reliever went 4-0 with a 1.87 ERA and three saves across 30 appearances for Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus this year. He struck out 82 batters and walked 29 in 53 innings.
Perez made his debut in the majors on Aug. 12 and had a 4.05 ERA in four appearances for Cleveland.
The 29-year-old McGowin has appeared in 48 games, 46 in relief, over four seasons with the Nationals, with a 5.98 ERA.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 5, 2021