DJ Funderburk opts to return to NC State for final season
- NCAA hoops season to start November 25
- Burton gets waiver to play at Texas Tech
- UConn's Martin granted waiver to play
- ACC pushing NCAA tourney of all DI teams
- Buffalo G arrested for stabbing of rival
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) North Carolina State's DJ Funderburk plans to return to the Wolfpack for his senior season after considering whether to leave school for a professional career.
The school announced Funderburk's decision Friday.
"I think we have all the pieces to have a great season and I'm excited to help lead the team back to the NCAA Tournament," Funderburk said.
The 6-foot-10 forward averaged 12.8 points and 6.1 rebounds as a redshirt junior last year. He also averaged a team-best 13.4 points against Atlantic Coast Conference opponents, and shot nearly 61% from the field last season.
More AP college basketball: http://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 31, 2020