Rice sophomore guard Trey Murphy transfers to Virginia
- NCAA hoops season to start November 25
- Burton gets waiver to play at Texas Tech
- UConn's Martin granted waiver to play
- ACC pushing NCAA tourney of all DI teams
- Buffalo G arrested for stabbing of rival
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Virginia coach Tony Bennett says Trey Murphy III has joined the Cavaliers as a transfer from Rice.
The Durham, North Carolina native will be eligible to practice next season, but will have to wait a year before he can play. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
At Rice, the 6-foot-8 Murphy averaged 13.7 points as a sophomore and made 75 3-pointers. He also made 82.4 % of his free throw attempts and averaged 5.5 rebounds. He converted 43.3% of his field goal attempts, and 36.8% from 3-point territory.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 16, 2020