Villanova to visit Southern California in hoops exhibition
- Top of poll steady; Baylor-Kansas looms
- Dotson scores 29 as No. 3 Kansas rolls
- Late 3 caps Irish's big rally past UNC
- Xavier ends on 8-0 run to top St. John's
- UConn's Akok done after Achilles tear
LOS ANGELES (AP) Southern California will host two-time national champion Villanova in an exhibition basketball game on Oct. 18 with proceeds benefiting the California Fire Foundation.
It will be USC's first preseason game open to the public since 2014. The Trojans were 16-17 last season.
Villanova returns four of its top six scorers from last season when the Wildcats went 26-10 and won the Big East before losing in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
The foundation provides financial and emotional support to families of fallen firefighters and their communities.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 31, 2019