UNLV adds graduate transfers Shibel and Mitrou-Long
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
- Wrist shelves Michigan's Wagner 4-6 wks.
- KU, Missouri to resume rivalry in 2020
- Temple ready for new era under McKie
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
Both players will be eligible during new Runnin' Rebels coach T.J. Otzelberger's first season in 2019-20.
A 6-foot-1 guard, Mitrou-Long played 36 games for the Longhorns as a junior last season, averaging 5.6 points and 2.2 rebounds. The Canadian sat out the 2017-18 season after transferring from Mount Saint Mary's.
Shibel, a 6-9 Ukrainian forward, had a limited role with the Sun Devils last season, playing sparingly in 17 games. He started the first 11 games and played all 32 as a redshirt freshman in 2017-18, when the Sun Devils were ranked as high as No. 3 in the nation.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/MarchMadness and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated May 16, 2019