Nevada beats New Mexico 79-72 in MWC tourney
- No. 2 Houston survives Kent State 49-44
- Guards power No. 4 Texas to easy win
- TCU tops Iowa for Emerald Coast title
- Clemson wins to drop California to 0-7
- Grill's 31 lift Iowa St. over No. 1 UNC
LAS VEGAS (AP) Grant Sherfield had 27 points and 10 rebounds as Nevada defeated New Mexico 79-72 in the first round of the Mountain West Conference tournament on Wednesday.
Desmond Cambridge Jr. had 14 points for Nevada (13-17). Warren Washington added 11 points and eight rebounds. Will Baker had 10 points.
Jaelen House had 19 points and seven assists for the Lobos (13-19). Jamal Mashburn Jr. added 15 points and Javonte Johnson had 14 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 9, 2022