Santa Clara advances in WCC eliminating Pacific 81-76
- Purdue No. 1 in AP poll for first time
- 1-7 Texas Southern stuns No. 20 Florida
- No. 11 Arizona rolls past Oregon State
- Northwestern ruins Manning's Terps debut
- UNC pulls away from Georgia Tech
LAS VEGAS (AP) Josip Vrankic scored 24 points on 10-for-13 shooting and Santa Clara withstood Pacific's late run in an 81-76 win in the second round of the West Coast Conference tournament on Friday night.
The seventh-seeded Broncos (12-7) advance to the third round to face No. 3 Pepperdine on Saturday.
Guglielmo Caruso scored 14 points for Santa Clara and Keshawn Justice and Jalen Williams each scored 11.
Daniss Jenkins scored 16 for No. 6-seed Pacific (9-9), Jeremiah Bailey and Pierre Cockrell II each scored 14, Jordan Bell 13 and Jahbril Price-Noel 10.
For more AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated March 6, 2021