McCadden gets Georgia Southern past Louisiana, 66-65
- No. 10 Texas snaps No. 11 Baylor's run
- Texas Tech stuns No. 13 Iowa St. in OT
- Purdue unanimously atop poll, Vols now 2
- TCU without top scorer Miles due to knee
- No. 6 UVa tops Syracuse to extend streak
LAFAAYETTE, La. (AP) Elijah McCadden had a layup to tie the game and converted a pair of free throws with 17 seconds left to give Georgia Southern a 66-65 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
McCadden came off the bench to score 21 points, converting 8 of 11 from the line and adding four assists, and Cam Bryant added 16 points and seven rebounds as the Eagles (10-9, 3-5 Horizon) got 45 of its 66 points from its bench.
Kobe Julien led the Ragin' Cajuns (9-10, 4-5) with 19 points. Dou Gueye added 13 points and Jordan Brown chipped in 10 points off the bench.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/-/gameId/401371139 AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 29, 2022