Hollins lifts UTEP over FAU 70-68 at buzzer
- Houston No. 1 for 1st time since 1983
- No. 9 Kansas rolls in Self's return home
- No. 11 Arkansas puts away Troy late
- Mississippi St. rips Omaha to get to 7-0
- Pedulla, Mutts lead Hokies by Minnesota
EL PASO, Texas (AP) Alfred Hollins tip-in as time expired lifted UTEP to a 70-68 win over Florida Atlantic on Thursday night.
Souley Boum had 28 points to lead the Miners.
Jamal Bieniemy had 16 points for UTEP (12-8, 5-3 Conference USA), which earned its fourth straight win. Tydus Verhoeven added 12 points.
Vladislav Goldin had 19 points for the Owls (11-9, 4-3). Alijah Martin added 16 points and nine rebounds. Michael Forrest had 12 points and six assists.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 27, 2022