Sears scores 26 to lead Ohio past N. Illinois 74-62
- No. 21 FAU going for 19th straight win
- Duke's Whitehead out vs. Georgia Tech
- Marquette surprisingly in Big East mix
- A&M ends Auburn's 28-game home streak
- No. 2 'Bama rallies for 9th straight win
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) Mark Sears had 26 points as Ohio beat Northern Illinois 74-62 on Tuesday night.
Sears made 11 of 12 foul shots. He added six rebounds and six assists. Ben Vander Plas had 15 points for Ohio (15-3, 6-1 Mid-American Conference). Jason Carter added eight rebounds. Sam Towns had seven rebounds.
Keshawn Williams had 12 points for the Huskies (5-11, 2-4). Kaleb Thornton added 10 points. Anthony Crump had nine rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 25, 2022