Spencer scores 25 to lift Loyola (Md.) past American 78-73
- Houston No. 1 for 1st time since 1983
- No. 9 Kansas rolls in Self's return home
- No. 11 Arkansas puts away Troy late
- Mississippi St. rips Omaha to get to 7-0
- Pedulla, Mutts lead Hokies by Minnesota
BALTIMORE (AP) — Cam Spencer had 25 points as Loyola (Md.) narrowly beat American 78-73 on Saturday.
Spencer hit 4 of 6 3-pointers.
Jaylin Andrews had 17 points for Loyola (Md.) (12-7, 6-2 Patriot League). Kenneth Jones added 10 points and seven assists. Milos Ilic had 10 points.
Connor Nelson scored a career-high 23 points for the Eagles (5-12, 1-4). Matt Rogers added 13 points. Stacy Beckton Jr. had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 23, 2022