Scott hits winner, McNeese edges Houston Baptist 78-75
- Sherfield, Oklahoma rout No. 2 Alabama
- No. 4 Vols rule boards, top No. 10 Texas
- Wilson clutch, Kansas survives Kentucky
- Strawther has 40, 8 3s in Gonzaga's win
- No. 21 FAU wins 20th straight game
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) Zach Scott scored 24 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer as time expired, and McNeese State defeated 78-75 on Saturday.
Scott took a pass a little right of the top of the key, pumped fake and stepped left before letting the winner fly.
It was his fifth 3-pointer on seven attempts.
Collin Warren added 21 points for the Cowboys (7-11, 1-0 Southland Conference). Myles Lewis scored 13 points with seven rebounds. Kellon Taylor had 12 points with five assists.
Darius Lee had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Huskies (4-10, 0-1). Brycen Long scored 15 points. Jade Tse added 11.
Updated January 15, 2022