Robinson, Hill lead Fresno State past Pepperdine 70-63
- No. 2 Houston survives Kent State 49-44
- Guards power No. 4 Texas to easy win
- Clemson wins to drop California to 0-7
- Grill's 31 lift Iowa St. over No. 1 UNC
- Vols top No. 3 Kansas for Atlantis title
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. (AP) Orlando Robinson and Isaiah Hill combined to score 30 points to help Fresno State fend off Pepperdine 70-63 in the SoCal Challenge on Monday night.
Robinson scored 14 of his 16 points in the first half for the Bulldogs (4-0).
Jan Zidek topped the Waves (2-4) with 20 points. Mike Mitchell Jr. added 15 points and hit two late 3-pointers to pull Pepperdine within 65-63 with 34 seconds left, but Hill hit 5 of 6 free throws from there to stave off the Waves.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated November 23, 2021