Reid carries Merrimack past NJIT 61-54
- Houston No. 1 for 1st time since 1983
- No. 9 Kansas rolls in Self's return home
- No. 11 Arkansas puts away Troy late
- Mississippi St. rips Omaha to get to 7-0
- Pedulla, Mutts lead Hokies by Minnesota
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Ziggy Reid tallied 18 points and 10 rebounds to lift Merrimack to a 61-54 win over NJIT on Thursday night.
Reid hit 4 of 6 3-pointers. Mikey Watkins had 11 points for Merrimack (2-0).
Miles Coleman had 19 points for the Highlanders (0-1) in their season opener. Antwuan Butler added 11 points. Dylan O'Hearn had 10 points and six rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 11, 2021