Hamlet scores 30 to lift North Texas past Rice 79-74
- OSU hands No. 1 Baylor 2nd straight loss
- No. 4 Auburn rallies for 13th win in row
- Oregon beats another top 5, downs USC
- Juzang scores 24, No. 3 UCLA pulls away
- Northwestern shocks No. 10 Spartans
HOUSTON (AP) Javion Hamlet had a career-high 30 points as North Texas narrowly defeated Rice 79-74 on Friday.
Hamlet hit 10 of 11 free throws.
Zachary Simmons had 16 points and seven rebounds for North Texas (8-5, 4-1 Conference USA). Mardrez McBride added 12 points and James Reese had six rebounds.
Travis Evee had 21 points for the Owls (10-7, 4-5), who have lost four games in a row. Max Fiedler added 12 points and eight rebounds, and Riley Abercrombie had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 29, 2021