Jackson scores 31 to lift Akron past Kent St. 66-62
- Turgeon steps down as Maryland coach
- Washington's COVID issue gives UCLA win
- No, 2 Purdue holds off late Iowa rally
- No. 7 Texas scores 19 straight in rout
- Braun has 31 as No. 8 Kansas beats SJU
AKRON, Ohio (AP) Loren Cristian Jackson had 31 points as Akron edged past Kent State 66-62 on Friday night.
Enrique Freeman had 10 points and nine rebounds for Akron (4-1, 2-0 Mid-American Conference), which earned its fourth consecutive home victory. Camron Reece added seven rebounds.
Mike Nuga had 19 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Flashes (3-2, 0-1). Danny Pippen added 16 points and nine rebounds. Justyn Hamilton had four blocks.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 1, 2021