King's 8 3-pointers help Jacksonville State down South Alabama 77-73
- No. 14 Villanova routs Butler 82-42
- Liddell, No. 16 Ohio St. get by Penn St.
- Iowa thwarts Minnesota's comeback bid
- OSU hands No. 1 Baylor 2nd straight loss
- No. 4 Auburn rallies for 13th win in row
MOBILE, Ala. - Demaree King went 8 of 11 from 3-point range and scored 24 points to lead Jacksonville State to a 77-73 win over South Alabama on Sunday in the Goldie and Herman Unger Classic.
Darian Adams added 17 points and Jalen Finch had nine assists for the Gamecocks (2-1), who made 15 of 37 3-point attempts and finished with a 42-25 rebounding advantage.
South Alabama (2-1) had a 10-game winning streak halted. The Jaguars hadn't lost since a 76-73 defeat at Georgia State on Jan. 30 of last season.
Michael Flowers led the Jaguars with 19 points and Kayo Goncalves and John Pettway each had 17.
Updated November 30, 2020