Valparaiso beats Evansville 58-55 in MVC tourney
- No. 2 Baylor tops No. 9 Kansas, now 13-0
- Balanced St. John's gets by No. 23 UConn
- Gonzaga, Baylor stay 1-2; Duke falls out
- Ducks cleared to resume from COVID-pause
- Michigan St. postpones 3rd straight game
ST. LOUIS (AP) Donovan Clay posted 16 points and seven rebounds as Valparaiso edged past Evansville 58-55 in the first round of the Missouri Valley Conference Tourney on Thursday night.
John Kiser's dunk for the Crusaders with four seconds left capped the scoring.
Ben Krikke had 10 points for Valparaiso (17-15). Javon Freeman-Liberty added seven rebounds and six assists.
K.J. Riley had 17 points for the Purple Aces (9-23). Noah Frederking added 13 points. Sam Cunliffe had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 6, 2020