McCadden’s 28 pts leads Georgia Southern past Mercer 98-88
- Michigan jumps to No. 2 behind Gonzaga
- FSU extends Hamilton through 2024-25
- NIT moves to Texas; no title game at MSG
- Leading scorer Allen leaves Nebraska
- Tide thriving like recent Auburn teams
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) Elijah McCadden scored a career-high 28 points with a career-best seven 3-pointers and Georgia Southern beat Mercer 98-88 on Tuesday night.
Georgia Southern led 48-46 at halftime. Quan Jackson's layup broke a 57-all tie and the Eagles led for the remainder. Jackson's layup started a 13-1 run to put the Eagles in control. Ross Cummings' jumper with 6:13 left brought the Bears (3-2) within 82-74 but they couldn't get closer.
The Eagles finished 37-of-64 shooting (57.8%) which included 12-of-29 shooting from behind the 3-point arc.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated November 19, 2019