Johnson lifts Grand Canyon past Utah Valley 78-74
- Memphis, Houston share top spot in AAC
- Calhoun denies sex discrimination claims
- Hall picked to win Big East over 'Nova
- Duke picked to win ACC; Nwora voted POY
- Boeheim prepares for 44th season
LAS VEGAS (AP) Carlos Johnson had a career-high 35 points as Grand Canyon narrowly beat Utah Valley 78-74 in the semifinals of the Western Athletic Conference Tourney on Friday night.
Johnson shot 6 for 8 from beyond the arc. He added nine rebounds.
Michael Finke had 10 points for Grand Canyon (20-12).
Jake Toolson, whose 16 points per game heading into the contest led the Wolverines, scored only 7 points (3 of 11).
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 16, 2019