UT Rio Grande beats CS Bakersfield 85-70 in WAC tourney
- Down 16 at half, Terps rally by Gophers
- Former Penn coach given 15-year penalty
- Villanova honors Lowry, tops St. John's
- No. 16 PSU blows lead but tops Rutgers
- Johnson has 25 and 11, Florida downs LSU
LAS VEGAS (AP) Tyson Smith had 19 points to lead five Texas Rio Grande Valley players in double figures as the Vaqueros beat Cal State Bakersfield 85-70 in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference Tourney on Thursday. Greg Bowie II added 16 points for the Vaqueros. Terry Winn III chipped in 14, Javon Levi scored 11 and Jordan Jackson had 11.
Smith made 11 of 12 foul shots. Levi also had seven rebounds for the Vaqueros.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 14, 2019