Cole scores 23 to lift Howard over Bethune-Cookman 80-71
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
- Wrist shelves Michigan's Wagner 4-6 wks.
- KU, Missouri to resume rivalry in 2020
- Temple ready for new era under McKie
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) RJ Cole had 23 points as Howard topped Bethune-Cookman 80-71 in the quarterfinals of the Mid-Eastern Conference tournament on Thursday night.
Charles Williams had 18 points and six rebounds for Howard (17-15). Raymond Bethea Jr. added 11 points. Chad Lott had 11 points, six rebounds and three blocks for Howard.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 14, 2019