Cole scores 23 to lift Howard over Bethune-Cookman 80-71
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Pearl 'confident' in NCAA process
- Expectations high for Ga. Tech's Edwards
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) RJ Cole had 23 points as Howard topped Bethune-Cookman 80-71 in the quarterfinals of the Mid-Eastern Conference tournament on Thursday night.
Charles Williams had 18 points and six rebounds for Howard (17-15). Raymond Bethea Jr. added 11 points. Chad Lott had 11 points, six rebounds and three blocks for Howard.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 14, 2019