Thomas scores 30 to lift Norfolk St. past SC State 78-73
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Gophers' Curry not fretting over injury
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) Nic Thomas had a career-high 30 points as Norfolk State narrowly defeated South Carolina State 78-73 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
Ian Kinard had 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs (8-26). Damni Applewhite added 13 points. Jahmari Etienne had 12 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 13, 2019