Thomas scores 30 to lift Norfolk St. past SC State 78-73
- No. 3 'Nova tops Hall after 27-day break
- Short-handed Florida stuns No. 6 Vols
- Late 3 lifts Purdue over No. 15 Buckeyes
- No. 7 Michigan rebounds to rout Maryland
- Petty, No. 18 Alabama rip LSU 105-75
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) Nic Thomas had a career-high 30 points as Norfolk State narrowly defeated South Carolina State 78-73 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
Mastadi Pitt had 17 points and seven assists for Norfolk State (20-12). Steven Whitley added seven rebounds. Jordan Butler had three blocks for Norfolk State.
Ian Kinard had 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs (8-26). Damni Applewhite added 13 points. Jahmari Etienne had 12 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 13, 2019