German scores 23 to lead N. Illinois past Ohio 80-61
- Top of poll steady; Baylor-Kansas looms
- Dotson scores 29 as No. 3 Kansas rolls
- Late 3 caps Irish's big rally past UNC
- Xavier ends on 8-0 run to top St. John's
- UConn's Akok done after Achilles tear
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) Eugene German had 23 points as Northern Illinois topped Ohio 80-61 in the first round of the Mid-American Conference Tourney on Monday night.
German shot 4 for 6 from behind the arc.
Dante Thorpe had 18 points for Northern Illinois (16-16). Lacey James added 14 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 12, 2019