Eastern Washington holds off Weber State 80-77
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
- Former Georgia F Hogue dies at 69
- NCAA hoops season to start November 25
- Burton gets waiver to play at Texas Tech
OGDEN, Utah (AP) Mason Peatling had 23 points and Jesse Hunt added 22 with 12 rebounds as Eastern Washington held off Weber State 80-77 in the regular-season finale for both teams on Saturday night.
EWU (14-17, 12-8 Big Sky Conference) led throughout most of the second half but could not pull away from Weber State as the Wildcats took the lead 77-76 with 1:09 remaining after Jerrick Harding made two free throws. Hunt and Kim Aiken Jr. made four free throws down the stretch to secure the win. Weber State's Cody John launched a 3 at the buzzer but missed.
Aiken finished with 20 points and eight rebounds.
With the victory EWU claimed the No. 3 seed in the Big Sky Conference tourney to start Wednesday in Boise, Idaho.
Updated March 9, 2019