Eastern Washington holds off Weber State 80-77
- Gators' Nembhard out of draft, transfers
- Power 5 leagues want player compensation
- Big 12 revenue distribution down $1.1M
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
OGDEN, Utah (AP) Mason Peatling had 23 points and Jesse Hunt added 22 with 12 rebounds as Eastern Washington held off Weber State 80-77 in the regular-season finale for both teams on Saturday night.
EWU (14-17, 12-8 Big Sky Conference) led throughout most of the second half but could not pull away from Weber State as the Wildcats took the lead 77-76 with 1:09 remaining after Jerrick Harding made two free throws. Hunt and Kim Aiken Jr. made four free throws down the stretch to secure the win. Weber State's Cody John launched a 3 at the buzzer but missed.
Aiken finished with 20 points and eight rebounds.
With the victory EWU claimed the No. 3 seed in the Big Sky Conference tourney to start Wednesday in Boise, Idaho.
Updated March 9, 2019