Murphy leads Drake past Illinois St. 78-62 in MVC tourney
- Ex-NBA G Miller leaving Memphis staff
- Colleges still behind in diversity hires
- Butler adds ETSU transfer Hodges
- BC hires Temple's Kraft as AD
- Internationals headline Arizona class
ST. LOUIS (AP) Tremell Murphy had a season-high 26 points as Drake got past Illinois State 78-62 in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Conference Tourney on Friday night.
Anthony Murphy had 16 points and 10 rebounds for Drake (24-8). Noah Thomas added 13 points. Liam Robbins had three blocks for the hosts.
Illinois State put up 17 points in the first half, a season low for the team.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 8, 2019