Prairie View A&M tops Alabama A&M 72-65
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Memphis, Houston share top spot in AAC
- Calhoun denies sex discrimination claims
- Hall picked to win Big East over 'Nova
By Associated Press
NORMAL, Ala. (AP) Gary Blackston had 17 points, three rebounds, three assists and three steals to lead Prairie View A&M to a 72-65 victory over Alabama A&M on Saturday night.
Gerard Andrus added 16 points and six rebounds for the Panthers (16-12, 14-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who won for the fifth straight time. Darius Williams scored 15 off the bench.
Andre Kennedy matched his season high with 26 points for the Bulldogs (5-24, 4-11), who lost their fifth straight.
Prairie View A&M swept the season series with Alabama A&M.
The Panthers play at Alabama State on Monday. The Bulldogs host Texas Southern on Monday.
Updated March 2, 2019