Shahid's buzzer-beater lifts North Dakota State to 69-66 win
- NCAA hits Okla. St. with postseason ban
- Texas State investigates racism claims
- Ga. Tech athletics off on Election Day
- NCAA sets new date for draft entrants
- Gamecocks' Martin to lead race committee
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) Vinnie Shahid launched a 3-pointer from the right sideline with 0.4 seconds on the clock and his buzzer beater lifted North Dakota State to a 69-66 victory over Purdue Fort Wayne on Saturday.
Purdue Fort Wayne reeled off seven straight points, knotting the game 66-66 when Jarred Godfrey sank a pair of free throws with 11.5 seconds left. The game saw five ties and 13 lead changes.
Purdue Fort Wayne holds the No. 3 seed to the Summit tourney, playing sixth-seeded South Dakota March 9.
North Dakota State earned the No. 4 seed and faces fifth-seeded Oral Roberts.
Updated March 2, 2019