Evans scores 15 to lift VCU past Richmond 69-66
- Baylor remains No. 1, top 7 unchanged
- Michigan G Simpson suspended vs. Huskers
- ACC penalizes Irish, Brey for comments
- No. 4 SDSU gets by UNLV to move to 21-0
- Maryland ends on 7-0 run to edge Indiana
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) Marcus Evans had 15 points and six rebounds as VCU stretched its winning streak to 10 games, edging past Richmond 69-66 on Saturday.
Jacob Gilyard had 23 points and six assists for the Spiders (12-17, 6-10). Nathan Cayo added 12 points. Noah Yates had 11 points.
The Rams improve to 2-0 against the Spiders for the season. VCU defeated Richmond 81-60 on Feb. 13. VCU matches up against George Mason on the road on Tuesday. Richmond faces UMass on the road on Wednesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 2, 2019