Evans scores 15 to lift VCU past Richmond 69-66
- Washington freshman Stewart going to NBA
- Former BC F Hamilton commits to Maryland
- Study: Racial graduation-rate gap grows
- Arizona freshman Nnaji headed to NBA
- Mizzou's Pinson, Smith, Tilmon to go pro
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) Marcus Evans had 15 points and six rebounds as VCU stretched its winning streak to 10 games, edging past Richmond 69-66 on Saturday.
Jacob Gilyard had 23 points and six assists for the Spiders (12-17, 6-10). Nathan Cayo added 12 points. Noah Yates had 11 points.
The Rams improve to 2-0 against the Spiders for the season. VCU defeated Richmond 81-60 on Feb. 13. VCU matches up against George Mason on the road on Tuesday. Richmond faces UMass on the road on Wednesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 2, 2019