Proctor helps High Point past Hampton in OT, 86-81
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
HAMPTON, Va. (AP) Jahaan Proctor scored seven of his 29 points in overtime as High Point overcame Hampton, 86-81 in a Big South Conference battle Saturday night.
Jermaine Marrow tried to rally Hampton in the closing seconds, hitting two 3s and a jumper in the final 17 seconds.
Proctor hit a pair of free throws to get High Point within three with :18 seconds left, then drilled a 3-pointer after a Hampton turnover, tying the game 66-66 and forcing the extra period.
Marrow hit 12 of 25 shots from the floor, including 2 of 7 from deep, and knocked down 14 of 15 from the line to post a career-high 40 points for Hampton (10-15, 5-7). Kalin Fisher scored 27 points.
Updated February 16, 2019