Montana edges Eastern Washington 75-74
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) Michael Oguine sank the second of two free throws in the closing seconds to give Montana a 75-74 edge over Eastern Washington on Saturday night.
Montana was up 68-61 with 4:23 to play when Eastern Washington closed on a 13-6 run sparked by a Jesse Hunt 3-pointer to tie it 74-all with 53 seconds left. Oguine was fouled with 29 seconds remaining and missed his first free throw but came through on the second, putting the Grizzlies (17-6, 10-2 Big Sky Conference) up by one and that lead held as time expired.
Jacob Davidson scored 23 points to lead the Eagles (8-15, 6-6). Hunt and Mason Peatling added 14 points apiece. Hunt led with 12 rebounds.
Updated February 10, 2019