UT Rio Grande Valley uses 2 second-half runs to beat UMKC
- No. 3 Zags clinch 8th straight WCC title
- Trice, Badgers hold off No. 19 Michigan
- Bradley helps Cal knock off No. 21 Buffs
- No. 14 Oregon pulls away from Oregon St.
- Wesson has 16-18 to lift No. 23 Ohio St.
EDINBURG, Texas (AP) Jordan Jackson scored 22 points on 6-of-8 shooting, Greg Bowie II added 15 points with five 3-pointers, and UT Rio Grande Valley beat UMKC 75-63 on Saturday night.
The Vaqueros (12-12, 4-4 Western Athletic Conference) had two 13-2 scoring runs in the second half - the first turned a four-point deficit into a 49-42 lead and the second turned a four-point lead into a 64-49 advantage with 8:12 left. From there, the Kangaroos (8-15, 3-5) got no closer than the final score.
The Vaqueros made 11 of 17 from 3-point range. The Kangaroos made just 6 of 22.
Brandon McKissic had 13 points and Danny Dixon scored 10 for UMKC.
Updated February 2, 2019