McDonald scores 30 with 13 boards, NKU beats Milwaukee
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Gophers' Curry not fretting over injury
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. (AP) Drew McDonald had 30 points and 13 rebounds on Saturday night and Northern Kentucky dominated the second half to beat Milwaukee 73-60.
McDonald had his fourth career 30-point game and his 44th double-double for the Norse (18-4, 8-1 Horizon), who won their sixth in a row and maintained a two-game lead in the league standings.
The Panthers (9-13, 4-5) led 34-30 at halftime, but Northern Kentucky opened the second half on an 18-2 run, leading 48-36 on Jalen Tate's layup with 13:47 left. The Norse extended to their largest lead at 66-44 and Milwaukee got no closer than 68-58 from there.
Jake Wright had 16 points and Vance Johnson had 11 points and 12 rebounds for Milwaukee.
Updated January 26, 2019