Holba scores 23 with 6 3s, Fort Wayne drops Denver 91-81
- Michigan, Kentucky to play in London
- Purdue stifles No. 5 Virginia in rout
- No. 6 Ohio St. pounds No. 7 UNC on road
- No. 3 Maryland routs ND, moves to 9-0
- No. 9 Gonzaga bounces back with rout
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) Matt Holba scored a career-high 23 points on 6-of-7 shooting from 3-point range and 5-of-5 shooting from the foul line to lead Fort Wayne to a 91-81 win over Denver on Saturday night.
Fort Wayne led 41-40 at the half but used a 12-4 surge early in the second half to open a 58-48 lead.
The Mastodons shot 56 percent in the second half, making 7 of 12 3-pointers to finish 12 of 25 from distance. Denver shot better than 50 percent in both halves but after making 7 of 13 behind the arc in the first half went 1 of 6 in the second. The Pioneers also had 15 turnovers and Fort Wayne converted those into 27 points while committing just six turnovers.
Updated January 27, 2019