Carter, Block lead Ohio's 2nd-half rally in 78-74 victory
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
- Vols F Pons to return for senior season
Carter missed both of his first-half shots but scored the Bobcats' first 10 points of the second half and added another bucket in the 15-4 run that erased Ball State's 37-30 halftime lead.
There were 19 lead changes in the game, the final one coming on Block's straightaway 3-pointer after a shot fake gave him a clear look with 39 seconds left for a 76-74 edge. Two Teyvion Kirk free throws finished the scoring.
Ben Vander Plas grabbed 12 rebounds for Ohio (11-8, 3-4 Mid-American), which swept the season series versus the Cardinals (11-9, 2-5).
Tayler Person scored 21 points to lead Ball State, which made 10 of 18 from the arc but surrendered 23 points off 17 turnovers.
Updated January 26, 2019