Niagara unloads on Monmouth for 75-48 win behind Barton
- Ivy League cancels all fall sports
- Boynton kept Cunningham from leaving OSU
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
- Florida's Mann back for sophomore season
- Ex-Penn St. G: Coach made noose remark
James Towns added 15 points and Raheem Solomon 10 for the Purple Eagles who entered having lost six of their last eight games.
Monmouth's Diago Quinn made a jump shot with 11:03 left and tied the score at 41-all. That's when Niagara (10-11, 3-5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) proceeded to go on a 19-6 run over the next six minutes. Prochet and Barton each scored nine during the run. The Hawks (6-16, 5-4) made just two of their final 17 shot attempts from the field after Quinn tied it.
Deion Hammond led the Hawks with 12 points and was the only Monmouth player to reach double figures in scoring. The Hawks have dropped two straight after winning four in a row.
Updated January 26, 2019