Jackson with 22 points leads Akron past N. Illinois 67-65
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
- Hoops Hall delaying enshrinement to 2021
- Report: Hurley accused ASU AD in scandal
- Houston F White out after tearing ACL
AKRON, Ohio (AP) Loren Cristian Jackson scored 22 points as Akron rallied in the second half to edge Northern Illinois 67-65 on Saturday night.
Jackson was 9 of 11 from the free throw line for the Zips (12-8, 4-3 Mid-American Conference), who have won three of the last four. Daniel Utomi added 14 points and Jimond Ivey had 11 points and eight rebounds.
Akron trailed 28-24 at the break but rallied early in the second half, using a 22-7 surge featuring 3-pointers by Ivey, Utomi, Jackson and Channel Banks to take a 46-35 lead with 9:34 to play. The Zips led the rest of the way, though Northern Illinois cut it to 65-64 with five seconds left before a pair of Jackson free throws sealed the win.
Updated January 26, 2019