Iona's shooting blitz leads to 88-70 win over Canisius
- Iowa suspends Pemsl for suspected DUI
- UCLA AD Guerrero to retire in July 2020
- Chattanooga extends Paris' contract
- L'ville, Pitino settle two-way lawsuit
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
The Gaels (5-10, 3-1) maintained their second-place tie with Quinnipiac in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Bobcats beat Fairfield 80-78 earlier on Sunday.
Asante Gist added 18 points for Iona, which finished shooting 30 of 56 from field, 14 of 26 from beyond the 3-point arc and 14 of 15 from the foul line. The Gaels also outrebounded the Golden Griffins 40-29 to overcome their 24 personal fouls and 17 turnovers.
Perez's 3-pointer snapped the tie at 4-all and ignited a 19-7 run that ended with another 3 from Perez. Perez buried another 3 for a 26-14 lead and Iona led by double digits for the remainder. Perez finished 5 of 7 from beyond the arc.
Updated January 13, 2019