Hobbs, Dembley lead Boise State past San Jose State 87-64
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Memphis, Houston share top spot in AAC
- Calhoun denies sex discrimination claims
- Hall picked to win Big East over 'Nova
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Alex Hobbs and Pat Dembley scored 18 points apiece and Boise State notched its third straight win, beating San Jose State 87-64 on Saturday.
Boise State led 37-34 at the break and opened the second half on a 21-4 run featuring 3-pointers by Alston, Jessup, Hobbs and Marcus Dickinson and a dunk by David Wacker to take a 58-38 advantage with 14:06 to play. Another 3 by Alston made it 67-45 midway and the Broncos cruised from there.
Boise State shot 51 percent, including 15 of 31 from beyond the arc (48 percent).
Oumar Barry scored 16 points with six rebounds to lead the Spartans (3-12, 0-3). Zach Chappell added 12 points and seven assists.
Updated January 12, 2019