Douglas leads NC Central to 61-48 win over Maryland-ES
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) Zacarry Douglas scored 14 points and pulled down nine rebounds, leading a balanced North Carolina Central past Maryland-Eastern Shore 61-48 on Saturday.
Randy Miller and Reggie Gardner scored nine points each for NC Central (7-9, 2-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). The Eagles held a 44-29 advantage on the boards, and its deeper bench outscored the Hawks' 31-19.
Julian Waters hit a 3-pointer, Douglas and Miller added layups and NC Central edged away.
Jones led Maryland-Eastern Shore with 13 points and a pair of 3-pointers, Taylor and Montraz Oliver each scored eight.
Updated January 12, 2019