Ohio beats Ball State 70-52 for first conference win
- Baylor wins Big 12-record 23rd in row
- No. 5 Dayton fends off VCU, streak at 15
- Dosunmu leads Illinois over No. 9 PSU
- No. 15 Creighton tops No. 19 Marquette
- Huggins ties Smith at 879, WVU wins
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) Teyvion Kirk scored 19 points with nine rebounds and Ohio used a big first half to beat Ball State 70-52 on Saturday for its first Mid-American Conference win this season.
Kirk scored 11 points in the first half when the Bobcats (9-6, 1-2) took a 39-18 lead after the Cardinals (10-6, 1-2) shot just 27 percent, Ball State's lowest first-half total this season. Carter scored the game's first five points and Kirk followed with the next five for a 10-0 lead. The Cardinals didn't get their first points until Persons' jumper at 13:26.
Ohio made 8 of 17 3-point attempts but Ball State was just 1 of 12.
Updated January 12, 2019