Charles scores 22, New Orleans defeats Lamar in overtime
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) Ezekiel Charles scored 22 points and New Orleans scored 18 points in overtime to defeat Lamar 78-71 on Wednesday night.
Bryson Robinson scored 18 points for the Privateers (7-7, 2-1 Southland Conference).
A 3-pointer by Tyren Harrison and a 3-point play from Robinson helped the Privateers take a 70-65 lead with two minutes left in overtime. Robinson added three free throws in the final minute to help preserve the lead.
Neither team led by more than two points in the final six minutes of regulation. The only points of the final minute came on a layup by Charles, tying the score at 60 with two seconds left in regulation.
Updated January 9, 2019