Davis, Miller lead Morgan State victory in MEAC opener
- No. 13 Memphis rolls as Wiseman sits out
- Bowden, Turner lift Vols over Washington
- Defense helps No. 7 Maryland rip Oakland
- Huff, Diakite lead No. 9 UVa by Columbia
- No. 10 Villanova rebounds, routs Ohio
BALTIMORE (AP) Stanley Davis scored 15 points, Malik Miller added 14 and Morgan State opened Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference play with a 66-53 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Saturday.
David Syfax added 11 points and eight rebounds, Davis had six rebounds and Miller added four rebounds, three assists and three steals for the Bears (6-8, 1-0).
The game was tied at 43 midway through the second half before Morgan State scored the next six points and went on to lead by 10, 54-44, after a layup by Davis with 7:15 remaining.
Eastern Shore briefly cut the margin to nine with 3:57 to go but would get no closer.
The Bears had only 10 turnovers compared to 22 by the Hawks.
Updated January 5, 2019