Delaware downs Elon 77-65 behind Allen, Carter
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
NEWARK, Del. (AP) Ryan Allen scored 19 points with five 3-pointers and made five assists and Delaware beat Elon 77-65 on Saturday night to win its third straight.
Eric Carter scored 12 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for his ninth double-double of the season for the Blue Hens (11-6, 3-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who were outscored 30-22 in the paint but made 11 of 22 3-pointers (50 percent). Kevin Anderson and Darian Bryant added 11 points apiece.
The Blue Hens led 52-37 on Carter's dunk early in the second half. Elon cut it to eight, 68-60, on Steven Santa Ana's 3-pointer with 2:55 left, but Delaware finished on a 9-5 run.
Collin Goss hit a go-ahead hook shot and Delaware led 40-32 at halftime after finishing on a 13-2 run.
Updated January 5, 2019