Abilene Christian grabs 11th win, beating McMurry 88-40
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
ABILENE, Texas (AP) Joe Pleasant had 17 points and Jalone Friday added 12 as Abilene Christian had little trouble with Division III McMurry, rolling to an 88-40 victory on Saturday afternoon.
Abilene Christian (11-2) won four of its last five games to close out nonconference play and opens Southland Conference action against New Orleans on Wednesday. ACU posted its best nonconference record since the 1998-99 team started 11-0.
The Wildcats sprinted to a 38-20 halftime advantage and then opened the second half on a 32-5 run to win the final stanza 50-20. ACU led throughout and scored 29 points off of 22 McMurry turnovers.
Zacc Carter had 15 points for McMurry.
Updated December 29, 2018