Towson uses big 2nd half to beat Elon 77-60
- Ivy League suspends all fall sports
- NC State says 5 test positive for virus
- Texas Tech signs 7-foot-1 Russian center
- Boynton kept Cunningham from leaving OSU
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
ELON, N.C. (AP) Brian Fobbs and Tobias Howard scored 21 points each and Towson overcame a nine-point deficit to beat Elon 77-60 in the Colonial Athletic Association opener for both teams on Friday night.
The Tigers (5-8) erased Elon's 42-33 lead with 13 straight points early in the second half and never trailed again. That run started an 11-minute stretch in which Towson outscored the Phoenix 34-8 to lead 67-50 with 4:21 left.
Alex Thomas added 12 points for the Tigers, including the first two 3-pointers of his career. Towson was 10 of 17 from 3-point range and 8 of 12 in the second half when the Tigers scored 53 points.
After Towson opened the game with a 6-0 run, Elon scored nine straight and led most of the first half.
Updated December 28, 2018