Grand Canyon cruises past Mississippi Valley State 85-64
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Pearl 'confident' in NCAA process
- Expectations high for Ga. Tech's Edwards
PHOENIX (AP) Alessandro Lever scored 26 points and led Grand Canyon to an 85-64 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Saturday night.
Grand Canyon (7-5) has won 12 consecutive regular-season home games including six this season. Mississippi Valley State (2-12) has lost six straight games and is 0-10 on the road.
Dante Scott scored 12 points and Gregory Holloway added 11 to lead Mississippi Valley State. Jordan Evans and Michael Green chipped in 10 points each.
The Antelopes had a seven-point lead at halftime. The Delta Devils pulled to 38-31, but Lever scored 11 points during an 18-5 run and Grand Canyon led 56-36 with about 12 minutes left. Mississippi Valley State pulled to 65-50 but didn't get closer.
Updated December 22, 2018